+ Reply to Thread

Default Drip on inside of exterior wall

Hi all,
    Can anyone help? I have a drip on the inside of an exterior wall at the front of my house. It's very faint, brownish in color. and a little sticky. I want to do some repainting but need to fix this issue first. The wall that has this problem has a gutter that I try to keep clean but as there are a number of trees nearby the gutters do fill up. There is also the same problem to a lesser degree on the bottom edge of a window located about in the middle of the same wall. Is this simply a damming issue or something more?

Any thoughts about how I can a properly correct this would be appreciated!
    Thanks...

Default Re: Drip on inside of exterior wall

Howdy, can be a small roof leak from a fastener threw the flashing that has worn. Consider having a roofer out to see if they can find the leak source. What side of house is the leak on if northern exposure and if you live where it snows can be a ice dam issue.

Default Re: Drip on inside of exterior wall

Thanks Tim,
    The ice dam issue is the most obvious -- and although I did look at the flashing I didn't see anythng obvious. I may have missed something there. At this point a roofer exam just might be the best and most time saving idea...Southern Exposure by the way.
    Thanks again