+ Reply to Thread

Question Help w/wall color of 1940s blue tile bath

I have a 1940's era blue tile bath that goes 1/2 way up the wall with grayish/blue border. The square tiles are classic blue with the round toppers being a blueish/grey. The floor is also blue/grey(s) ceramic tile, the small square & rectangle on mesh sheets. I'm having trouble deciding what color would look best on the walls. I hate to paint it boring white. I tried a yellowy color, but don't like it. It's a small bath 4'x12'. All the fixtures are white. I have "swan" sliding doors on the tub. Which I cover with a lace shower curtain.
    Also I'd like to know how to clean the black grout in the floor tiles. I've tried scrubbing using soap and used bleach. Didn't do a thing. Currently my counter top is classic white laminate with **** speckles with a little duct tape attached. That will go, but not for awhile.
    Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Help w/wall color of 1940s blue tile bath

I have various shades of blue in my bath, and I went with Benjamin Moore's Sandy Brown. It's brought all the blues together taking them from too much blue to a more serene feel.