+ Reply to Thread

Default need new kitchen sink

We are looking for a new kitchen sink stainless steel left to right 23 inches front to back 19 inches no larger. To many sink companies on line need sink asap it is rental house and we need to get it rented thank you for any help that you can give us

Default Re: need new kitchen sink

well you didn't say what kind of counter top or which type of sink, like undermounted, self-rimming, or drop in.

take some builders paper or tape together a few brown paper shopping bags to make a patern form. then get inside the sink cabinet and make a pattern of the underside of the counter top as you see it from inside of the sink cabinet looking up. mark all of the protrusions from the sink cabinet carcass like the corner braces. then when you've trimmed it to exact size tape it up to the top underside of the counter as you see it looking up from inside the sink cabinet. next get out of the sink cabinet and stand up looking at the hole cut in the countertop where the old sink used to be and trace that opening on to the brown paper.

go back and carefully get your paper that you taped up and carefully cut out that traced hole.

now measure the height from your p-trap to the top of your countertop, write that down on your brown paper pattern. measure any other height restrictions so you get a sink bowl of the correct depth. taking a picture or a few and bringing those with you might also help.

take this templet/pattern with you to the store or plumbing supply and look at the sinks they have in stock. find a few that you think might work, and with an employee's permission carefully open a box at the store and compare your templet with those included with the sinks and for those that don't have a templet set the sink upside down on the floor and drop your homemade templet over the sink and see if it will work. when you've found the right sink you'll be ready to go.

keep in mind you can make your countertop hole bigger but will be restricted as to how much larger depending on the cabinet carcass and the countertop supports and strength, but you can not make the exisiting hole smaller.
    Last edited by Blue RidgeParkway; 10-25-2008 at 01:39 PM.

most of our local cabinet companies will have sink suppliers that they deal with that you should be able to get a sink through pretty fast. for our coustomers we can get sinks in about 3-4 days under most circumstances unless they are going for something really far out.

this post was over a month old you think he still hasn't found a sink solution yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue RidgeParkway View Post
    this post was over a month old you think he still hasn't found a sink solution yet?
    ya know not everyone checks date and time of post when making a reply. we simply look in new posts, see a reply and respond. your continuly trying to raise your self up by putting others down gets rather old fast. your superior attitude is very unbecoming on a board that is based on helping others. if you don't have a response that is helpful to the original poster and on topic I thought you were to refrain from making those kind of posts. isn't it you that keeps quoting that? then why don't you also apply it yourself?

I have given thanks that I do not live in that crazy, "touched", mind world……….. Yet pray for healing……… Must be a nightmare to live and think that way.

Although I am not a religious zealot I do believe in a God.

To Leslie, With all my heart.................

“May the Lord bless you and keep you: the Lord make His face shine upon you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.”

Too many years have gone by. We, as a collective group, even if it is just an internet forum........... I'd like to think that we do care about each other?

Okay, maybe I am the crazy one............ I can deal with that.

It seems someone's starting up again.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    I have given thanks that I do not live in that crazy, "touched", mind world……….. Yet pray for healing……… Must be a nightmare to live and think that way.

Although I am not a religious zealot I do believe in a God.

To Leslie, With all my heart.................

“May the Lord bless you and keep you: the Lord make His face shine upon you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.”

Too many years have gone by. We, as a collective group, even if it is just an internet forum........... I'd like to think that we do care about each other?

Okay, maybe I am the crazy one............ I can deal with that.
    kentvw, banned AGAIN. You are "touched". Deal with that.