+ Reply to Thread

Red face Pressure-less in Portland Oregon

Dear ****** Friends,

I'm a total newby. This is my first post, and my first thread in a Discussion Group. So if I breach thread etiquette, please let me know so I can learn [though I confess that I'm sensitive, so please don't holler at me ].

That said, my condo is a 880 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bath condo. The kitchen and bathroom are very close together with the hot water heater between them. I have really high water pressure in the bathroom, which is great, but the water pressure in the kitchen is really low. It is low enough that it makes doing dishes difficult in terms of getting the dishes well rinsed. In addition, when the dishwasher runs, there is a slow leak under the kitchen sink. What should I look into to get this fixed? I look forward to your answer.

Thank you.
    KV Wilson, the pressure-less confused one

Default Re: Pressure-less in Portland Oregon

You mention the location of the water heater, is this to say you only have pressure problems with the hot water or is it both hot/cold in the kitchen that are lacking?

The first thing to check is the aerator on the faucet. That is the screen thingy at the tip of the spout. This often becomes clogged with particles which reduces pressure. Perhaps the anglestops (shut-off valves under the sink ) are not fully open. Open them fully then turn them back slightly.

What is leaking from the dishwasher, the supply line or the discharge line? Either way, tightening the connections usually takes care of business.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!