+ Reply to Thread

Default Advice for bead board curved sofit project?

I'm trying to build a new porch entry overhang to add curb appeal to my house. I copying the style almost exactly as pictured here...

Brochure Picture of Overhang

If you notice the sofit of this porch, there are two distinguishing factors. It's a arched cieling/sofit and the material appears to be a beaded style. I've been looking around for a while now and cannot identify what type of product would work well for that? I was hoping for something maintenance free but would consider all options.

Some i looked at were:
    Wood - Routed with a tonge and groove and V-groove profile
    Vinyl Trim - Routed with a tonge and groove and V-groove profile
    Tripple 2" sofit material (not sure how to attache it without it sagging)
    Restoration Milwork from Certainteed
    Any others?

One challenge might be that the sofit material likely needs to be colored to match other trim items on the house like the shutters. Seems that would limit my options?!

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Advice for bead board curved sofit project?

Considering that this is the underside of that overhang, it will be pretty maintenance free no matter what you put up there. Typical of the period is a tongue and groove 1"x2-1/2" (actual dimensions will vary ) with a bead on one edge. You'll find this type of material at suppliers specializing in millwork or historic restoration.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!