1920's character house, with original 1 car attached garage converted into a family room. There is an indescribable musty, old-house, mousey odor in the converted family room. The old garage floor (11x16)is 3.5 feet below adjoining house floor level. There is original concrete on the garage floor and 3.5 feet of crawl-space head room.

The family room floor was insulater with kraft face 6" fiberglass, installed with the vapor barrier toward the cold. Rickety access doors allowed mice and chipmunks to set up home in the insulation.

Once the old insulation is removed, what can be sprayed on the floor joists and sidewalls to kill that acrid odor, perhaps a 10% bleach solution?

Does anyone have any ideas to pass along,

Thanks