+ Reply to Thread

Default Hanging up extension cordes Urekia!

Hi i do not think i invented this simple solution but it sure works real well.
    Once you have the extension cord rolled up. Oppsee first take a piece of cord, clothes line, light rope, ok you get the idea. Make it 1.5' of what ever size you want to work with and simply tie the ends into a knot making a circle of cord. A very great tool is ready. Now slide the loop under any part of the coiled extension cord and then thread one end of the loop threw the other creating sliding snear around the extension cord. If done correctly you can hang up the cord on any nail hook etc and the extension cord dangles looped and does not tangle or unspool. Each time you use the invention smile.Good karma for all.

Default Re: Hanging up extension cordes Urekia!

Before I started using cord reels, I used to braid my cords which creates all kinds of loops from which to hang them out of the way. Braiding is a simple method to eliminate the mess of knots that invariably occurs from simply wrapping the cord around your arm.

Whether using the cord reels or the braiding method, I do my cords so that I only have to pull out what I need, rather than undo the entire cord. Makes clean-ups a lot faster. Coiling around the arm not only makes knots, the whole cord usually has to be straightened and recoiled, both reasons for which I switched from coiling to braiding. I switched from braiding because of space and the way the cords were stowed in my truck, they would catch other things. With the cord reels I can stow them anywhere without problem.

If it weren't for that, I'd use a string about 1-1/2 feet long, knotted in a circle, and ... I actually use this method for storing coils of drip tubing, garden hoses, collapsible tomato racks, etc.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deadshort View Post
    I tried looking up Urekia in both the US Websters and the Canadian Websters and came up blank.
    It's the type of cord (rope ) to use to hang the extension cords.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Hay, isn't there a town in northwest California on an arm of the Pacific Ocean named after that cord?
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Hay, isn't there a town in northwest California on an arm of the Pacific Ocean named after that cord?
    Jack
    Two of them, Eureka and Yreka, though neither one of them spell it right.

Yipee glad i generate so much enjoyment.
    I use to sue the knotting method too but found this almost free sling the most user friendly. Happy who cares about spelling day....

Quote Originally Posted by deadshort View Post
    You fella's! This Urekia! cord could well be named from either the Atlantic or Pacific shores named in Canada.
    Huh ?!?!?!?
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Now, to keep the extension cord from tangling when you try to unwind it.

Plug the two ends together, go to the center of the cord fold in half and now wind it up. For some reason it won't tangle when you unwind it. I don't know why, it just works.