+ Reply to Thread

Thread: color help

Default color help

I am remodeling my house. It has an open living, dining kitchen area. So far walls are taupe, floor is natural oak, d****ries and couch/chair, dining room set are dark brown. Lots of windows. Kitchen has antique white cabinets. Need some color in rugs, lamps, pillows, etc. Would like some suggestions.

Default Re: color help

Teal and coral or olive and cream would probably go well with those colors.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I'd go with chartreuse - maybe add a purple racing stripe about eye level.

Seriously, what is this kind of question doing on a site like This Old House? TOH started leaning a bit toward design stuff (remember Carlisle where we were informed that a "designer" had joined the crew?) but apparently realized they were better off sticking to what they know: building, renovation, landscaping - you know - real work.

Maybe Martha can help you. That would be a good thing.

I am 65 years old and did not realize that I was going to be insulted on this site.

lcbuchan,
    Don't be insulted. There are just some people who have no life of there own and would rather just stir things up. Just ignore them.

As I said Teal and coral or olive and cream would probably go well with those colors. All earthy colors.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

How about going for a light coloured teak or dark shade of beige. It will go well with the rest of the setting you have described.

Blue always looks nice with brown. You could really do any shade of blue. I have to say with spring on its way I am partial to a robins blue or a "new leaf" green.

It really depends on what kind of person you are, you should tell us more about yourself for us to be able to provide an answer.

Agreed however I am partial to green over blue.