+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rock Fountain

Default Rock Fountain

I have a large rock in my backyard and I was wondering how I go about making it into a bubbling fountain? Its a little over 2ft tall and maybe 4 ft wide?

Default Re: Rock Fountain

Quote Originally Posted by jewelbugg View Post
    I have a large rock in my backyard and I was wondering how I go about making it into a bubbling fountain? Its a little over 2ft tall and maybe 4 ft wide?
    Pump water up over the back of it and let it cascade down the front. You'll have to install a reservoir/catch basin under the rock to facilitate the whole thing.

I would start by gently running a hose over the rock to see how the water flows, then mark the ground to lay out for the catch basin/pump reservoir. You don't need to move the rock to install the reservoir, but it might be easier if you did, which would also allow perfect placement of the stone in the yard as well as positioning for optimum water flow.

Once the reservoir and pump are in place, run the pump discharge hose up the back of the rock and capture it under some larger rocks perched on top of the main stone. Adjust the pressure or deflect the discharge tube against something to reduce the flow and create more of a cascade. If necessary, you could install anchors into the stone to hold the supply line in place.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!