+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Fiberglass Shower Need a New Faucet

I have a fiberglass shower with a dual handle faucet. I want to install a new single faucet w/scald guard. How do I cover the old holes so they don't leak and it looks good. The current handles are 9 inches apart.

Default Re: Fiberglass Shower Need a New Faucet

Quote Originally Posted by Jewell's MI UP View Post
    I have a fiberglass shower with a dual handle faucet. I want to install a new single faucet w/scald guard. How do I cover the old holes so they don't leak and it looks good. The current handles are 9 inches apart.
    The only thing I know of are covers for sink knock-outs (the holes in the sink that you mount the faucet, sprayer, dishwasher air gap to ). They will cover the holes, but as for looking good, that will be in the eye of the beholder.

Keep in mind that to change that valve you'll need access to the plumbing inside the wall. If you don't have easy access to this wall, this valve change will become very expensive in short order.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I think I recall this situation being taken care of on Ask This Old House. I believe there was an escushion plate that was large enough and shaped in a way that it would cover up the old holes. Check with a plumbing supply house as they would have more of a selection than the big box store. Hope this helps you out.

Mike

If you've got a friend who does body & fender work or boat repair, just have him come and rebuild the fiberglass and gel coat. I've seen pretty amazing results by guys who really know what they're doing. Even with weird textures.