+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010

    Default Going from Fuse to Circuit Breaker


    I apologize if this has already been asked but I wasnt able to locate what I was looking for.

    We just purchased a house built in the 1960s, its 1500sf.

    Currently, its a 100amp Fuse service. I'd like to upgrade to 200amp circuit breakers. My question is, is it as simple as just replacing the panel or do I need to update some sort of wiring as well? I emailed a few electricians in the area and the rate ranges from 400 to 1750. I'd like to be able to do just the panel but I don't quite know enough to figure out what else will be needed. Obviously, I'm hoping nothing else is needed.

    Could you educate me? I had a more thorough post previously but then it disappeared on me so this is my second time writing this. Any questions, please ask.

    I also included some pics of what I have.

    Thanks again!!

    Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elec1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	3407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elec2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	3408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elec3.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	3409  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts