+ Reply to Thread

Default Converted sunporch overhang

Our home by a lake was built in the 1930's. We are currently having the tile in the heated sunporch (which is an overhang) replaced with new hardwood floors. Since we had the tile taken up, I removed the plywood subfloor, thinking this would be a good opportunity to insulate better because the tile floor was always cold. When we picked the plywood up, we found a 2x4 grid that was used to level the floor out. Underneath this grid is glued down indoor/outdoor carpeting. I am inclined to leave the carpeting and grid intact. The foam insulation spe******t did not feel there was enough room in the grid to add enough foam to make a difference and recommended we attack this from underneath. In the meantime, I feel like i should put something down, just because the floor is open. I put insulation board down already, and now am second guessing myself. Should I spray foam the perimeters of each square? Put a vapor barrier down? Did I put the insualtion board right side up? Do you have any recommendations or advice for me? Thanks so much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	3402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	3403  
    Last edited by Valerie; 04-05-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: additional information