+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trees

Default Trees

Hi, I was wondering if you could be of assistance. I'm currently am looking for a way to remove one undesirable tree from a near vicinity of a more desirable tree. Preferably without the use of heavy machinery. Either a way to stunt growth or completely kill it. I'll post pics so you can understand more thoroughly.

Default Re: Trees

you can simply cut a ring around the undeserable tree, cut through the bark and right below the bark is a soft spongy layer that transports water up the tree and if you cut through it, you stop its ability to transport water to the top thus killing it.

Carefully separate the branches of the desirable tree (assuming the needly thingy ) and take the unwanted leafy thingy out in pieces. You can probably take a good portion of the leafy thingy out with pruning loppers, the larger trunk sections can be taken out with a chainsaw, sawzall, bow saw, or hand saw, whatever you have at your disposal. If you've got a fireplace and can burn wood, buck up the discarded tree into usable pieces and store it for 6 months to a year before burning (to cure/dry it, it will burn better/cleaner ).
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thank you very much for your response.

Arrow Re: Trees

Thank you. This has been helpful for me as well. I had a similar problem, but just kept pruning the tree top, as I didn't want to harm the good tree.

Allison

Glad to have helped.

Keep in mind for future "weed" removal that the earlier you catch these unwanted buggers, the easier they are to remove, many times you can pull them before they get a good start, other times pruning shears or loppers will do the deed quick and easy. Also, once these unwanted things get established, they cause the desirable tree/shrub to grow in strange directions around it so that removal of the offending tree creates holes and bare spots. Try to catch them early and everything works out better.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!