+ Reply to Thread

Default Door Sweep Replacement or Another Option

I've been trying for about three years now to find replacement door sweeps for four exterior doors in my home without success. The doors are metal with a foam core and have about a 1-inch recess at the bottom. Below is a picture of the sweep I'm trying to replace.

The info I've been able to get from the doors is as follows: Premdor Entergy 2000557 and 2000554. Masonite and Premdor merged a few years ago. I've contacted Masonite and they referred me to a vendor in the Virginia Beach area, but that vendor did not have the sweep in question.

I'm open to alternative options (other than replacing the doors) as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Door Sweep for Hollow-Bottom Door_640x480.jpg 
Views:	2682 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	325  
    Last edited by NipponDaisuke; 10-28-2007 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Grammatical error

Default Re: Door Sweep Replacement or Another Option

Take a look about halfway down the page at Thresholds and Door Shoes
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks, but that isn't the same as my original sweep/shoe.

in most fair sized towns there are companies that do nothing but supply and install doors for comercial construction jobs. I would try to locate one near you, even if they don't have that product they should be able to help you find it or one that will work.

Thanks for the reply. I've already sent you a private message.

I don't agree with your comment about having to adjust the door. My sweeps compress against the threshold when the door is closed. It's a simple matter of friction...eventually the sweeps wear out. I'm assuming the sweeps are original as our house was built in 1998/1999 and we purchased it in 2002. I think I've received more than the normal life out of my sweeps.

Many thresholds are adjustable so that part of the threshold can be brought up to the sweep to get the proper fit.

Wondering if you ever found a resolution to this situation? I have identical door sweeps as pictured in your post but have been unable to locate them. Not sure if the door manufacturer is the same. Please advise.

Didn't find the exact replacement because supposedly it's not made anymore. However, I did find one with 6 fins that has the same type of insert tabs as my original.

Unfortunately, the sweep does not work well with my doors because there isn't enough space between the bottom of the door and the threshold and the threshold cannot be adjusted any lower than it already is.

Here's the link to the sweep I purchased: http://www.tinyurl.com/6fcql5