+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Funding for historic building preservation

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Cool.

BTW .... how's Lucky the cat?
    Well into chapter five. I bought a green lightbulb for a desk lamp in my study and to set the mood for writing and I type well into the midnight hours.

Just a hint. Lucky really needs to get to the vet at this point in time........... The mailman perhaps, but the grocery delivery man seems like a nice person........ A well timed escape when the old creaking screen door opens. A well timed escape was needed. And yet, for all Lucky has been through. Lucky has no idea if it is a friendly or unkind world on the outside......... Lucky knows the grocery delivery man leaves the side door open on his van when making deliveries come rain or shine....... Lucky knows to pick a day when he must park behind old man Curtis next door, when his old Caddy is parked out back on a day he did not go to play bingo with the sisters and the side door could not be seen from the house. Blocked by the little single car garage that housed the 62 pink Plymouth with the tail wings, tires long flat and fuel turned to gel in the lines.........Enough energy left to scamper that far and make the final leap into the van? Lucky ponders the question at great depth.

Oh goody ..... I've got the blanket out on the couch ready for snuggling and read a thrilling story by the dim light .....
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

In reponse to Jack's latest remark, the property was purchased from the city in the 1970's by a private individual. At that time, it was petitioned to get the zoning changed to allow a residence. The city is sticking to that zoning change after the drama it created in the 70's, so it is only zoned for a residence at this present day. The city is prepared to help raise money and assist with tax credits for several years, but it still is not enough. Did I mention the property consists of 3 buildings and the main building is 20,000 square feet. If that is your opinion Jack, great....whatever. I see things in a whole different light and see a way to improve a city and a community for years to come. You are using this forum to preach your government beliefs. I am here because of my love for old homes and buildings which is what TOH intended it to be for!

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Oh goody ..... I've got the blanket out on the couch ready for snuggling and read a thrilling story by the dim light .....
    Sorry, the “Bantam Books” version should be released early “09”. Ghost writer, “rabbitgun”

You will need to pay $14.99 CAN………….. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zengirl View Post
    I am here because of my love for old homes and buildings which is what TOH intended it to be for!
    Yup, and doing it for your own personal gain with tax payer dollars. Liberals love to give and get money earned off someone elses back.

There is a lot more to this than you know or need to know. Go preach somewhere else, maybe Mc Cain will listen to you.

There is a lot more to this than you know or need to know. Go preach somewhere else, maybe Mc Cain will listen to you.
    Oh really?

Tell me?

I pay my 95% of all of tax collected in this country for all people in this country. And I'll fight people like you who think it is "just coming to them" 'till I die. People like you never give anything back. You employ no people and put nothing back into the economy........ It is all about YOU! And you alone... A place to look pretty? Give me a break. Your motives are nothing but selfish and self centric.

Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    Sorry, the “Bantam Books” version should be released early “09”. Ghost writer, “rabbitgun”

You will need to pay $14.99 CAN………….. lol.
    Nooo !!! ..... say it isn't so.

btw ... $14.99 CND = $5.00 USD
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

For your information, i own a large corporation and do employ people.... A lot of them! So do not tell me you pay more taxes than i. Please leave my topic and go bug somebody else so i can let others respond to my question. Ohio...please....like anything exists there.

In reponse to Jack's latest remark, the property was purchased from the city in the 1970's by a private individual. At that time, it was petitioned to get the zoning changed to allow a residence. The city is sticking to that zoning change after the drama it created in the 70's, so it is only zoned for a residence at this present day. The city is prepared to help raise money and assist with tax credits for several years, but it still is not enough. Did I mention the property consists of 3 buildings and the main building is 20,000 square feet. If that is your opinion Jack, great....whatever. I see things in a whole different light and see a way to improve a city and a community for years to come. You are using this forum to preach your government beliefs. I am here because of my love for old homes and buildings which is what TOH intended it to be for!
    See there you go again, I made no inference to my political or government beliefs. Nor did I say anything that should lead you to conclude that I am against historical restoration. I just stated my opinion that public money should not be used to enhance the fortune of an individual. If you couldn't afford it you shouldn't have bought the place. I find no benevolence in your action when you are seeking free money to accomplish your personal gain.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb