+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GFCI breaker

Default GFCI breaker

I was working to install bathroom exhaust fan. First I turn the GFCI breaker off from the main panel. I then work in the attic to connect the electrical wire from an existing box. One of the recess light in the bathroom was connected to that breaker and it wasn't install directly where the insulation was, it was below it but there was an opening for insulation materials to fall thru on it. In the process of installing the fan I kind of touch some of the insulation above it and not sure if some fell on the housing. My question is, my circuit breaker won't switch back to on, is it possible because of the recess lighting? or the breaker itself is bad? Just to add, I didn't even wire anything yet.

Coventry, RI

Default Re: GFCI breaker

Did you disconnect any wires? If so that is likely why you can not reset the GFCI. Not sure about a GFCI breaker but I know a GFCI receptacle can not be reset if there is no power going to it. So if you disconnected wires you probably don't have a complete circuit therefore the breaker would not reset. Hope this helps you out.