Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Toxic Taste

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008

    Default Toxic Taste

    I have an old house, which was built in 1940. I'm removing the old casing around the living room windows, and replacing it with new stained window casing. When I removed the old windows, I noticed they still had the old window weights. I also, noticed a steel like taste in my mouth when working around the windows. Do you know what that may be and is it dangerous to be exposed to whatever that is causing the taste in my mouth?

    Please help, thank you.
    Last edited by pjslns; 10-13-2008 at 02:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Bismarck, North Dakota

    Default Re: Toxic Taste

    Maybe some rust (iron oxide) has formed on the weight and either remained on the weight or dropped off into the space below or both. Maybe your work disturbed the rust and suspended it into the air around your face and you are tasting it. Nothing to worry about, although you wouldn't want to be breathing it so a face mask might be a good idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts