My fiance and i are moving into my great uncles who had passed away years ago. The entire house has the dark brown wood paneling, except for in the upstairs room. The walls in this room are not flat or smooth, they aren't even "hard". My aunt mentioned something about "oil clothe", i've never heard of it and was wondering if it is possibly to take down the "soft" wall and put up drywall to make it look better. Thanks