+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Entry Door and Sidelites

I am thinking about replacing my front entry door. When is the best time of year to do that? My entry door is 36" and has sidelites. I am thinking of a Pell door, is there a better time of year to buy one??

Default Re: Entry Door and Sidelites

this would depend on where in the country you live. obviously in the north wouldn't reccommend it for various reasons in the winter. main reason is if you hit an obstacle and can't close it back up the same day, it could be an uncomfortable night. Other then that here in the south east things like that are done year around with out any concequences.

I live in Colorado. Thanks

Well, there is no "season" for entry door sales, so I would recommend purchasing the unit you want when you find it at the price you're willing to pay. As to a time/season to do the install, you'll want to do it before the weather turns cold, wet, or snowy to avoid trying to heat the great outdoors while changing out the unit. As Havana suggests, sometimes even the best laid plans get delayed.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!