+ Reply to Thread

Question Looking to Remodel my Bahroom Looking for some info on Fixtures?

I am looking to remodel an older bathroom. It will need a tub, window, tile (shower, wall & floor), vanity, sink & facuets.

When looking at Tubs I find info on tubs but then I am wondering if Steel is the way to go for durability though I have come across cast iron ( not sure they still make them because of the labor to move one).

Windows being it is in the tub / shower area what window would hold up best to moisture. Any brands better than others? Should it be something that does not require paint and what would be best Fiberglass or just what? Low Maintenance.

Like Moen brand Facuets so that is what I am probably going to use.

As for Tile any recommendations as to type again low maintenance.

Any information would be welcome, in the beginning planning stages.

MMeehan

Default Re: Looking to Remodel my Bahroom Looking for some info on Fixtures?

Regarding the type of tub:
    Look into Enamel-coated steel bathtubs as they are lighter than steel or cast iron. If you are going to be doing this diy,then then you'll need help for the cast-iron.

Windows:
    Any standard fiberglass would work. Make sure the framing around it is waterproof.

Moen: beautiful faucets- good choice.

Tile- go to a local tile supplier and see what options they offer. What is your budget? Subway tiles are popular today.

Good luck!
    ________
    Plumbing Networks

Good! It's helpful

If you are trying to have a romantic or Victorian look in your bathroom,We have all essential home renovation categories covered: kitchens and bathrooms, windows and doors, flooring and carpets.
    You can check my signature link for more detail.