+ Reply to Thread

Default Tommy's spring-loaded support for dust divider?

On one episode of ATOH, Tommy helps a couple knock out a wall. He puts up some plastic sheet to contain the dust using a 2x4 on top supported against the ceiling with a couple of spring-loaded adjustable rods that looked built just for that use. Where can I get some of those rods?

Default Re: Tommy's spring-loaded support for dust divider?

Sounds like Zip Walls. I've got two sets and they're fantastic!
    Google is your friend.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

like Sprucey said ---- google adjustable support rod
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

I should add that it's definitely worth shopping around for better quality. I have the Zip Wall brand, and while they're great, all the plastic is cheesy and the spring catches on mine have all broken. They're still usable, but the friction plate that protects the ceiling doesn't stay locked in place anymore so that more care must be used in setting them up.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    I should add that it's definitely worth shopping around for better quality. I have the Zip Wall brand, and while they're great, all the plastic is cheesy and the spring catches on mine have all broken. They're still usable, but the friction plate that protects the ceiling doesn't stay locked in place anymore so that more care must be used in setting them up.
    I too think ZIP Wall brand while a great product idea, are prone to breakage rather easily.