+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a good stain??

Default a good stain??

what is a good stain to redo my log house in??? i dont wanna go cheap and have to restain my house every year, but i dont wanna get top dollare stain and still have to do it every few years?? whats a good all around stain, with good longevity if there is such a thing in stain?? im also in wisconsin, so we have extreme changes in weather!!

Default Re: a good stain??

Ordjen will probably be the one to answer this one. The last log home I worked on was over 25 years ago and I'm pretty sure that what was available back then isn't today.

You might try contacting some log home manufacturers and see what they're recommending. It would at least be a place to start.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

give me a couple days, i work with someone who use to build log homes, he has family which still do, he takes a few weeks off from us every year to sc**** logs for his uncle. he might know
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Just bumping this to see if you ever found a good reccomendation?
    Always looking for reliable Hidden Content contractors.

No i guess i never did get any other info on the stain.. Needless to say i put off staining this year, mainly becuase im outa town 6 plus days a week this last year, but im still hoping to get good insight if anyone else has anything!