+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Insulation

Question Insulation

Anyone have any suggestions on how to insulate a 50 year old home without removing the siding? I'm new at this, so sorry if this is a silly question. I didn't know if blown in insulation would work in this situation.

Thanks!
    A.

Default Re: Insulation

Depending on the siding something like blown in cellulose insulation can be installed with removing the siding.
    With wood siding holes can be bored and plugged afterward..... refinsh the area with paint or stain.
    Vinyl siding is generally easy to remove sections to bore holes for the blowing in the insulation..... afterward the holes are plugged and the vinyl sections reapplied.

There is also the option of having holes bored in the interior walls which are plugged and minor patching and painting required.

Hope tis helps.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Default Re: Insulation

Quote Originally Posted by candle120 View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to insulate a 50 year old home without removing the siding? I'm new at this, so sorry if this is a silly question. I didn't know if blown in insulation would work in this situation.

Thanks!
    A.
    you can have injection foam installed from the inside www.NHfoam.com look at this site