+ Reply to Thread

Default Fix kitchen cabinet doors so they hang properly

I repainted and put on new hardward on my kitchen cabinets. However two of the doors are not hanging properly. One door is open the same amount (about a 1/4 to 1/2 in. The other door is closed at the bottom but open at the top about the same 1/4 to 1/2 in. The hinges are overlay, self closing. Is there a way to correct these problems. I would appreciate any help out there. Thanks,
    mb

Default Re: Fix kitchen cabinet doors so they hang properly

Quote Originally Posted by margeb View Post
    One door is open the same amount (about a 1/4 to 1/2 in.
    If I'm reading this correctly, the door does not fully close, correct? Standard, surface mounted hinges can be sprung a little bit to allow for even reveals between doors as well as closing more fully. Take the door down, but leave the hinges on the cabinet. Very carefully, push the hinge further into the "closed" position so that you bend it slightly. Basically, you're pushing it beyond its stopping point. Reinstall the door.

Quote Originally Posted by margeb View Post
    The other door is closed at the bottom but open at the top about the same 1/4 to 1/2 in.
    This sounds like a warped door problem more than a hinge problem. You might be able to tweak the hinges a little to compensate, but don't expect much improvement.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!