+ Reply to Thread

Default Sagging Storm Door

Hello.

I have a sagging wood storm door with changeable glass and screen panels. The reveal at the top of the hinged side is 3/16" while there is no reveal at the bottom of this same side. Consequently, the door is sticking at the top side and bottom sill area of the opposite (non-hinged) side of the door. I would prefer not to use a steel cable with turnbuckle as this is a front door. The only other solution I can come up with is plaining the door at the sticking areas. Are there any other/ better solutions?

Thank you.

Default Re: Sagging Storm Door

If I'm reading your description correctly .....check all the screws in the hinges .... it may just require 1 or 2 longer screws installed into the top hinge on the door frame side. Usually the screws are short ..... with longer ones they will bite into structure behind the door frame.

You might also check the door opening by doing a diagonal measurement from the top corner down to the opposite lower corner in both directions .... to see if the opening may also be racked. If so you might end up planing the door to fit.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Default Re: Sagging Storm Door

Thanks,

I checked the screws for tightness, but did not check to see how long they are. I will also check the diagonal dimensions.