+ Reply to Thread

Default Moving a gas line

Does anyone have information as to the cost of moving a gas line, to my hot water heater in the basement, upstairs to the kitchen so that I can use a gas range instead of the current electric one? The distance downstairs would be approx. 14 feet and then upstairs to the kitchen. My plumber is quoting over $750 to do the job! Please tell me it shouldn't cost that much... Thanks!

Default Re: Moving a gas line

I recommend getting another bid, but thats probably not too far out of line.
    HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!

Oklahoma City, OK

I don't know how it is where you live but here in north florida the local gas companies will do it cheaper then you can get it done from plumbers.

Depends on what your supply line is now. Is it sized large enough to handle both the water heater and the gas needs of the kitchen? If it's a repipe from the meter to the proper size, then $750 doesn't sound too bad. If it' only adding 14' of pipe, then you need to get other quotes, as this one sounds exorbitantly expensive.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!