+ Reply to Thread

Default replacing sliding screen door with wooden screen door

does anyone have any helpful infor on how to make this work? we put a new sliding screen door up last summner but it only made it for a few weeks. the kids have a had time remembering how to open and close it. i have decided to try a wooden screen door. it would swing open onto the deck. the problem i have is the frame is not set up for this type of door. the opening is 33 1/2" x 78".

does anyone have pictures of a completed job like this or helpful hints. it is starting to get nice outside now would like to get this completed in the next week or 2.

thanks for any infor...

Default Re: replacing sliding screen door with wooden screen door

Take a look at security screen doors made for sliding patio doors and take your cues from that. The better solution, however, would be to teach the kids how to properly use the door OR install baby gates so that they cannot get to/damage the screen.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: replacing sliding screen door with wooden screen door

It may help to put a visual clue on the slider at kid height. I've been known to walk into my screen door because I didn't notice it was closed. I've seen 2 piece metal designs with a magnet on one side that can be attached to the screen. As a matter of fact some smart aleck got me one for my birthday last year.