+ Reply to Thread

Default Shed damp problems

I don't know where to post this! But I have a large shed that I'd like to convert into a cottage. First problem is that the floor gets wet when it rains. The shed in on a slight incline down from the house, next to an alley. The walls are cinderblock. I've thought that I may need to put a french drain around the shed, paint the walls with waterproof paint and see if that helps. Am I on the right track? Any suggestions?

Smile Re: Shed damp problems

a drain is your first priority. second is to waterproof the cinderblock with a rubber membrane which you can glue on and then nail. Third is to make sure it is dry. If its damp, it will breed mold and you'll get sick. Again, make sure the waterproofing works. don't waste money on the so called waterproof paint, it will be a short time fix.

Default Re: Shed damp problems

Thanks very much. I'm thinking to do a drain and the wall seal and if that works, I can then go on with putting in water etc etc etc

Default Re: Shed damp problems

I don't know where to post this! But I have a large shed that I'd like to convert into a cottage. First problem is that the floor gets wet when it rains. The shed in on a slight incline down from the house, next to an alley. The walls are cinderblock.