I have a stepped bit for drilling through metal caps, but I can't find an extension tool that fits stepped bits that would allow me to drill though metal cross braces several feet down into a wall cavity. Whenever I encounter horizontal metal bracing, I have to place the outlet above the brace--too high to look good. I'm no good with drywall repair, so what to do?