+ Reply to Thread

Question Recessed Can Lights

I would like to know what type of recessed can lights I should buy to install around my house in the eves. I would like to use compact flourscent bulbs to save energy as well as being able to install colored compact flourscent bulbs for the holidays. Thanks for your help. ( Exterior use )

Default Re: Recessed Can Lights

Quote Originally Posted by JoshAmber View Post
    I would like to know what type of recessed can lights I should buy to install around my house in the eves. I would like to use compact flourscent bulbs to save energy as well as being able to install colored compact flourscent bulbs for the holidays. Thanks for your help. ( Exterior use )
    Is there a CFL presently on the market that works well in exterior conditions? Or that works well in any condition?

ernie makes a good point. ive never used cfls in a real cold conditon. i guess if you live south this wouldnt be a issue. As far as the can lights you want to put in. id use a 6 1/2" or
    6" can. Id also use an IC style, this will allow insulation to be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky1 View Post
    ernie makes a good point. ive never used cfls in a real cold conditon. i guess if you live south this wouldnt be a issue. As far as the can lights you want to put in. id use a 6 1/2" or
    6" can. Id also use an IC style, this will allow insulation to be on it.
    I would run with that, but back to the OP, methinks something better would fit the bill here. Halogen?
    Just whistling while walking past the boneyard here.