+ Reply to Thread

Default Restaining a spa cabinet, need advice

I am wanting to restain my spa cabinet that I believe is made out of cedar wood but has the look of redwood. I'm unsure what type of stain to buy since most of the stains I've looked at are for interior use. Do I need to prime also? I've heard the Cabot's line of stain is good for this purpose but again I'm unsure what to buy. If someone could lead me in the right direction of what to use I would appreciate it.
    Thank You.

Mark

Default Re: Restaining a spa cabinet, need advice

In my spa days we used Penofin or Duck Back products.

You'll want to make sure the skirt is clean and free of loose particles and dust. Apply stain as per directions on can.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    In my spa days we used Penofin or Duck Back products.

You'll want to make sure the skirt is clean and free of loose particles and dust. Apply stain as per directions on can.

Thank you! a local hardware store near me carries Penofin products so I will look into that.

Or....if you're interested in keeping the same look.....using the same stain.......try contacting the manufacturer of the spa unit.

This is not to say that the offered suggestions aren't good ones because they are. Often enough though, I see these units that have started to develop bare spots and the owners just want to refresh the existing to make it look better....and match the existing.