+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moss on garage roof

I have a rear detached garage. This garage has alot of mass growing on the roof. I would like to know what to do about this. Me and my wife have owned this has for more than 6 years . This problem has been getting worse and worse very year. I would like to know how to fix this and prevent this from happening again. thanks Pat Kuzminski

Default Re: Moss on garage roof

Moss and algae is sometimes unpreventable. Does your garage roof get any sunlight? If not this could be helping the growth. Make sure any trees and cut back away from the roof.

You can try to clean it by yourself, but it's risky and dangerous. Unless you have experience getting up on the roof, then don't go up there to clean it. You could cause damage the roof and get injured.

You may need to add into your home maintenance budget a yearly roof cleaning. Make sure to hire a reputable company to come out and clean it.

One video is worth a thousand words. http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/vide...630921,00.html

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

If you try and remove the moss you will remove the stone chippings that are protecting the felt from UV light.

If the felt is old as the previous chap said it will probably be blistered and will crack when walked on.

The moss does help to absorb UV and help maintain the temperature of the felt roof.

Moss is unpreventable.
    I think regular cleaning can fix that problem.

I know how to sort them so the unread messages are first but I want to view only the unread so I can delete them all with out having to deselect the read ones. I have over 10k read ones and its time I don't really want to spend.

i have moss starting to grow on my garage roof. its more of just a greenish color. what is a product that i can buy from a hardware store that actually works and will prevent the moss from growing.

Its looking superb in videos, its really awesome and amazing
    thanks for sharing

Moss is controllable, and preventable.. My company specializes in roof cleaning, and moss is often the problem.. Check our site, view the tab under roof cleaning.. There are also some pictures of roofs with moss we have taken care of.

www.kendallscapes.com

The best moss cleaner: 100% bleach applied from a hand held garden sprayer. Results are obvious in 20 minutes.