+ Reply to Thread

Default Difference buying faucets at home store vs plumbing supply house

Is there a difference in the products you purchase from home stores and a supply house, besides cost? Please explain.

Default Re: Difference buying faucets at home store vs plumbing supply house

There has been all kinds of talk over the years that some of the products you buy at the home centers are somewhat inferior to the products you buy at a regular plumbing supply house. This very well may be true but in my opinion the best thing to do in either case is to buy name brand products and ones that carry a lifetime warranty. Even if you do buy it at the big box store if it is from Delta, Kholer, Mohen, etc. and comes with the warranty you know you have a name that will stand behind what they sell. I would say though if you put it in an area where it may see a lot of abuse say in a kids bath you may want to go to the plumbing supply store.

This was covered before a while back and got completely out of hand . A certain member here was making all kinds of false statements that I refuted by calling the customer service departments of 4 different manufacturers . The previous post
    gave good advice as far as name brands and warranty are concerned .

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    This was covered before a while back and got completely out of hand . A certain member here was making all kinds of false statements that I refuted by calling the customer service departments of 4 different manufacturers . The previous post
    gave good advice as far as name brands and warranty are concerned .
    You aren't referring to the infamous letter are you?
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

I had to move my drain for the washer in the laundryroom to a side wall and now the black hoses look awful as they turn from the back of the washer to the side wall. I need to cover them somehow. This is in the main back area of the house where the entrance is. Help.

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    You aren't referring to the infamous letter are you?
    Yeah , the letter that never materialized.