+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Default Re: Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Anyone supplyng information should be able to provide their credentials on request whether it's a professional, engineer, or just a DIYer.
    Jack
    Will my Galactic Council Card do?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Will my Galactic Council Card do?
    Only if it's printed in Blue.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Would that be an MTD, a Toro or a Troybilt? We gots an MTD here at the house. Has served us very well for 10 years or so now. (Carb disassembly and clean once is all. No biggie. An hour or so.) But...the farm requires the much bigger equipment...and more time. It is what it is...and it ain't ever fun. I'm sure you know well what I mean. The best part is getting back inside with a bowl of chili.

Yep ..... My Toy Dang it .... been great going on 10 years.

Change oil ... lube things .... check implellers .... check shear pins .... tighten nuts and bolts .... adjust cables ..... good to go. Oh and making sure to use only winter blend gas.

Lawn mower for the summer .... snow blower for the winter .... both probably get the same hours of run time.

Ah yes .... getting inside afterwards and having a stick to your ribs gourmet delicacy along with a refreshing ale.

Dark stouts in the warmth of Havana's place? Hmmmmmm. Never say never till ya try it, I guess. I think we should secretly set a date and just descend upon him...in mass... without warning.

What about Sprucey's place? CA is warm when it's cold here. Spend half the winter at Havana's and half at Sprucey's? Heck, I'll prep the MTD and head out. The wife can handle things here for a few short months. <G>
    Sounds like a great plan.

Imagine the strange looks pulling up with a blade on the front and a blower in the back of the truck?
    At least Sprucey and Havana will know it's the boys from the Nort who's come to visit.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

****ie, if you painted it green it would run better.
    Jack
    As they say ..... runs like a deer .... smells like a john.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

****ie, if you painted it green it would run better.
    Jack
    Wrong shade of green there, bud.

Oliver green is where it's at.

(1755 diesel on the blower.)

Canuk,

Looks like the same little blower we've got here at the house.

No complaints with it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post

Yep ..... My Toy Dang it .... been great going on 10 years.

Change oil ... lube things .... check implellers .... check shear pins .... tighten nuts and bolts .... adjust cables ..... good to go. Oh and making sure to use only winter blend gas.

Lawn mower for the summer .... snow blower for the winter .... both probably get the same hours of run time.

Ah yes .... getting inside afterwards and having a stick to your ribs gourmet delicacy along with a refreshing ale.

Sounds like a great plan.

Imagine the strange looks pulling up with a blade on the front and a blower in the back of the truck?
    At least Sprucey and Havana will know it's the boys from the Nort who's come to visit.
    I had snow tires on my car when I first moved down here about 27 years ago and everyone kept asking me why I had mudders on my car. even when my cousin comes down in his truck from michigan to work for the winter he doesn't have the blade on the front of his truck but they are curious why he has an extra set of headlights sitting above the hood of his truck.

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    As they say ..... runs like a deer .... smells like a john.
    AS Larry the Cable Guy would say, "I don't care who you are, now that is funny".

Hey ****ie where do you live? I cover the whole Mid west territory....

I live in Minnesota and this weekend coming up is tune up time for the snow blower. Like Canuk said ..... I have 10 year old craftsman it looks just like the MTD only green. When I lived in Indian for 4 years I had a 150' drive way it always did the job. It is still doing the job up here in Minnesota.
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens53 View Post
    I have 10 year old craftsman it looks just like the MTD only green.
    That's because MTD private labels for at least a dozen different major brand names. Same machines, just different paint colors.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!