+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Default Re: Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    ok now. someone has tooo much time on their hand.

you got that much time, come over to the house and help me with my chores I have enough to do to keep this whole board busy.
    Whole deal and post didn't take but two minutes. But......to make amends with ya......I'll do any two minute job ya have waiting for attention.

Then I get a cold brew in the chaise lounge...right?

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Whole deal and post didn't take but two minutes. But......to make amends with ya......I'll do any two minute job ya have waiting for attention.

ok I can be quite inventive. just give me a bit to think about it, I will come up with something

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post

So what do ya'll say we meet down at Havana's place this winter .... I know I wouldn't mind a nice warm place to be in the winter.
    Sounds good to me. They be predicting a bad winter for here....for what that's worth. If it comes true...ugh. Gotta prep the 8' blower, tractor, skidder... and dig out the pak-boots right shortly.

Argh. I hates winter anymore. Would rather go where the weather suits my summer clothes instead. That would be Havana's place, me thinks. See ya there.

Then again...the dark stout comes out in the winter. Maybe I'll stay here afterall.

I'll do any two minute job ya have waiting for attention.

LOL .... sure hope you have plenty of 2 minute jobs for this motley crew .... havana ol buddy .... I get the lounger on the right.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    We have never met........... we should,
    Kent,

I'd like that very much. Maybe...one day...it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Sounds good to me. They be predicting a bad winter for here....for what that's worth. If it comes true...ugh. Gotta prep the 8' blower, tractor, skidder... and dig out the pak-boots right shortly.

Argh. I hates winter anymore. Would rather go where the weather suits my summer clothes instead. That would be Havana's place, me thinks. See ya there.

Then again...the dark stout comes out in the winter. Maybe I'll stay here afterall.
    Every winter is a bad winter around here.
    I got "Big Red " .... 10 horses of muscle and a 28 inch bite .... to get tuned.

Ya know ****ie .... the dark stout will travel just fine .... beside it'll probably just taste ohhhhh sooo good at Havana's.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    I got "Big Red " .... 10 horses of muscle and a 28 inch bite .... to get tuned.

Ya know ****ie .... the dark stout will travel just fine .... beside it'll probably just taste ohhhhh sooo good at Havana's.
    Would that be an MTD, a Toro or a Troybilt? We gots an MTD here at the house. Has served us very well for 10 years or so now. (Carb disassembly and clean once is all. No biggie. An hour or so.) But...the farm requires the much bigger equipment...and more time. It is what it is...and it ain't ever fun. I'm sure you know well what I mean. The best part is getting back inside with a bowl of chili.

Dark stouts in the warmth of Havana's place? Hmmmmmm. Never say never till ya try it, I guess. I think we should secretly set a date and just descend upon him...in mass... without warning.

What about Sprucey's place? CA is warm when it's cold here. Spend half the winter at Havana's and half at Sprucey's? Heck, I'll prep the MTD and head out. The wife can handle things here for a few short months. <G>
    Last edited by goldhiller; 09-29-2008 at 11:23 PM.

****ie, if you painted it green it would run better.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by lmills148 View Post
    This forum needs a moderator!! DIY advice in this fIEld needs to be strongly moderated!! I've been watching this forum for a few months and in my professional opinion, personal injury is inevitable!! a lot of this advice is wrong dangerous and haphazzard. I will continue to return and take screen shots as often as i can. GET A MODERATOR WITH TRADE EXPERIENCE OR TAKE THIS SITE DOWN!!
    I agree whole heartedly with you, we have all made mistakes and it usually gets pointed out rather quickly. However there are certain members that will go so far as to misquote code or google obsolete information and present it as fact. Anyone supplyng information should be able to provide their credentials on request whether it's a professional, engineer, or just a DIYer.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb