+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Moderators

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20

    Default Moderators

    This forum needs a moderator!! DIY advice in this fIEld needs to be strongly moderated!! I've been watching this forum for a few months and in my professional opinion, personal injury is inevitable!! a lot of this advice is wrong dangerous and haphazzard. I will continue to return and take screen shots as often as i can. GET A MODERATOR WITH TRADE EXPERIENCE OR TAKE THIS SITE DOWN!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by lmills148 View Post
    This forum needs a moderator!! DIY advice in this fIEld needs to be strongly moderated!! I've been watching this forum for a few months and in my professional opinion, personal injury is inevitable!! a lot of this advice is wrong dangerous and haphazzard. I will continue to return and take screen shots as often as i can. GET A MODERATOR WITH TRADE EXPERIENCE OR TAKE THIS SITE DOWN!!

    Ummmmmmmmmmmmm? You may be right regarding a certain member. Other than that there are great posts here and we as a base group try to get things corrected quickly and point the corrections out, usually with some humor. Got a bag of ice? I know how it is.................Feel free to throw in your expertise with words and knowledge right in! Welcome!

    Your points are positve and pointable? Or they are not...........

    Oh, by the way, I'm an Admin on an electricians only site.
    Last edited by kentvw; 09-29-2008 at 08:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: Moderators

    I'm thinkin'........
    Why sit and watch ...for months....and not contribute to corrections of the so-called dangerous bad advice ???? Doesn't make sense, does it?

    Self-appointed spy/police of the forum who does nothing but take/collect/archive screen-shots (supposedly). ???? Doesn't make sense, does it?

    Guess who.


    I smell the prescence of ______________ (fill in blank with appropriate name) ....yet again....buckin' for the coveted position as a mod.

    ("Coveted" by the above party...certainly not by me. No way, no how.)
    Last edited by goldhiller; 09-29-2008 at 08:54 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Moderators

    We have never met........... we should, love ya aaa ****! LOL! For all of us that have been here for years.............

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    We have never met........... we should,
    Kent,

    I'd like that very much. Maybe...one day...it will happen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: Moderators

    Love ya mam!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: Moderators

    Oh look !!!!! I took a screen-shot of my own post!!!

    Whoop-de-doo!!!

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_045.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	1653  

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    980

    Default Re: Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Oh look !!!!! I took a screen-shot of my own post!!!

    Whoop-de-doo!!!

    ok now. someone has tooo much time on their hand.

    you got that much time, come over to the house and help me with my chores I have enough to do to keep this whole board busy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmm? You may be right regarding a certain member. Other than that there are great posts here and we as a base group try to get things corrected quickly and point the corrections out, usually with some humor. Got a bag of ice? I know how it is.................Feel free to throw in your expertise with words and knowledge right in! Welcome!

    Your points are positve and pointable? Or they are not...........

    Oh, by the way, I'm an Admin on an electricians only site.
    your absolutely right there is some good advice here and i should have mentioned it, forgive me if i let my frustration show.

    I dont want the position i couldn't be paid enough. I am not HER if you search my previous post i think you will see this. I myself have asked HER for credentials. I should have mentioned the good advice that has been givin consistently from some posters, i stick by the rest of what i said tho. this forum needs professional moderation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fayette County, Ohio
    Posts
    5,803

    Default Re: Moderators

    Quote Originally Posted by lmills148 View Post
    This forum needs a moderator!! DIY advice in this fIEld needs to be strongly moderated!! I've been watching this forum for a few months and in my professional opinion, personal injury is inevitable!! a lot of this advice is wrong dangerous and haphazzard. I will continue to return and take screen shots as often as i can. GET A MODERATOR WITH TRADE EXPERIENCE OR TAKE THIS SITE DOWN!!
    I agree whole heartedly with you, we have all made mistakes and it usually gets pointed out rather quickly. However there are certain members that will go so far as to misquote code or google obsolete information and present it as fact. Anyone supplyng information should be able to provide their credentials on request whether it's a professional, engineer, or just a DIYer.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •