+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Soundproofing basement ceiling

The failure rate is supposedly a quote from Deitrich Steel. 85%. It's a common in RC discussion on the internet.

http://www.quietsolution.com/Multifamily__3_RC.pdf Here's one article for example. Not my article, but many of my previous points are expressed here and obviously they are selling a competing technology, but that doesn't invalidate the facts.

I am not a product manufacturer, so none of the products are "mine," however you reference a standard disclaimer used for many products. I believe a geral statement like that can be found on a bag of insulation, for example. The main reason (I believe) such warrantees exist is due to flanking noise. You can build the world's best ceiling, but if sound travels around your ceiling through a piece of ductwork, you'll hear noise. Best thing I can tell you is the independent tests (many from UL) are valid.
    Last edited by Ted White; 03-27-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Default Re: Soundproofing basement ceiling

I have a call in to Dietrich for more information on this. This is called "Dietrich data" in the industry, but since I never discussed this particular stat with Dietrich personally I thought I had better, considering how I'm quoting them.

I'll let you know. BTW that article I linked to says 90%. Not sure where that data came from, though it may say in that article.
    Last edited by Ted White; 03-26-2010 at 04:25 PM.