+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Soundproofing basement ceiling

message boards aren't proof.

Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    these posts are to give homeowners easy affordable solutions to their problems. That is what I am attempting to do not make it more complicated for them. if the instillation is done correctly, it is the fastest, easiest and most affordable. has a proven track record.
    The only proven track record is that 85% is installed incorrectly and has poor acoustic performance. Data is data. You're asserting your own logic and opinion as fact, when clearly it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    message boards aren't proof.
    The first 8 links are hard data from acoustic labs.

The data is there, free and clear.
    Last edited by Ted White; 03-27-2010 at 08:25 AM.

just going through the first one my question is whose point are you trying to prove mine or yours? it tells how good resilient channel works and how to properly install it to get the highest sound rating,.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted White View Post
    The first 8 links are hard data from acoustic labs.

No one is forcing you to learn. The data is there, free and clear. If you decide not to act on it, that's your right, certainly.
    you need to read your own links first. and maybe you would learn

It says how it's better than screwing the channel into the joists. No offense, but you'd need to read more on it more. There's a decade of data there that you're no one is going to assimilate in 15 minutes
    Last edited by Ted White; 03-26-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Have a nice evening
    Last edited by Ted White; 03-27-2010 at 08:26 AM.

*** so if you can't prove it and you can't win in a debate then you must try to attack a person't intelligence? that is what most people do when the facts aren't on their side. what is your qualifications other then saying you are a consultant? you say you have worked in a lab? who was funding? because all your statments are biased. you are looking out for big money not for the homeowners pocket book, but maybe you would like to attack their intelligence also? and once again you never read your own link. I did.

of course maybe it takes you longer to look at the pictures then other folks.

in all your links to the national research council Canada. I don't find any reference to your clips only to resilient channel as well as how when installed correctly how well it does.

interestingly one of our engineers pointed out to me under the warrany information for some of your clips it said
    NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES
    THERE IS NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND; AND ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
    IS EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A

PARTICULAR PURPOSE

merchantable goods are goods fit for the ordinary purposes for which they are to be used

so they won't even say that their own goods will perform as they should even if installed correctly.

I also would like to know where you get your so called failure rating for resilient channel. for that was a big laugh at lunch with the architecte and the engineer on the job that we are currently working.
    Last edited by havanagranite; 03-26-2010 at 03:47 PM.