+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gutter Heaters

Default Gutter Heaters

I recently had a contractor repair/replace my flat roof and down spout. In doing so he neglected to rewrap me gutter warmer. Due to the way he installed my down spout, I am unable to do it myself and he is not returning my calls to do this correctly. My question is can I fasten the cable to the outside using zip ties and still have it be effective instead of wrapping it around the outside.

Default Re: Gutter Heaters

I'd be checking the manufactures web site on install instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by kentvw View Post
    I'd be checking the manufactures web site on install instructions.
    I second that. I am not a big fan of those systems, though. Make sure they are in excellent condition, just for piece of mind.

I'm pretty clueless about them. It seems in new condition. I just made settlement on this money pit in the spring and they warmer was wrapped around the downspout when we moved in. The seller told us that because of the flat roof system we could be prone to leaks if the roof and downspout iced up. Maybe that was because of the constant bandaids on the bullet holes around here. (a little bitter). I suppose the only way to figure it out is to try the the less invasive wasy first and if it freezes then find another contractor to do it right. Thank you all for the help.