+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Tiling a backsplash question.

My gap was also very little. That was the reason when someone was leaning on the countertop the grout cracked between the wall and the tiles. I used the color matched caulk instead of grout between the countertop and the tiles. And it works pretty good. No problems so far and no cracks. We live in Ohio and we have hot summer and cold winter and the expansion - if any - did not result in any cracks of the caulk. you can see in the pictures that the tiles almost sits on the countertop...I hope that I do not have problems later because as you mentioned to go back it is almost impossible.

I am tiling the backsplash in the kithen, and it looks like the
    electrical outlets need to move forward, out from the wall about
    1/4 inch. Is there a standard, safe way to do this, without
    completely re-working the whole electrical outlet? Is there some
    sort of spacer that is used?

Hello thunderpaws,

I had the same problem and you can buy plastic spacer in every depth. I bought it at Lowes (Hillman Nylon Spacer).

Just recently when I looked in the electrical aisle I found the spacer which are made for this case. These are blue and in a plastic bag in the electrical aisle next to the voltage meter and on the picture it shows an outlet pulled away from the tile. If you need the number, just let me know, I can drive there and find it out.

Or as I said just use plastic spacers and longer screws.