+ Reply to Thread

Question Water in Basement -I need help!

We have a room under our garage. The corner located at the front of the house leak when it rains. The garage door is directly above this corner and there is a concrete driveway.
    The basement block walls adjoining this outside corner have floor to ceiling cracks.

I am attaching an outside and two inside pictures. I have checked the downspouts and the plastic drain pipe that is underground on the outer side of the house. It slopes down to a creek. I have checked and the gutter, downspout and sloping pipe
    are open and draining.

It looks to me as if the gutter system is insufficient to carry the water that drains into it. If this is the problem, how can I fix it? Thanks in advance for any advice or other ideas!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basement002.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	1632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basement1001.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	1633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof001.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	1634  

The Great White North

Default Re: Water in Basement -I need help!

That's a tough call from here.
    Definately water is saturarting the soil in that area..... if there is an exterior foundation perimeter drain in that area it's not funstioning or is overwhelmed.

Whether it's because the ground or driveway may have a slope toward that corner can't tell.
    That corner where the 2 roof lines meet is going to have many gallons of water coming off into that short ( maybe 3 foot ) section of trough .... looks like there's spill over stains ? It might need a larger trough and down pipe to handle the water.

Just a guess.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush