I'm having a hissy fit. In the 4 decades I've been using power tools, I have learned that it is always cheaper in the long run to buy the best tool you can afford, hence the many Milwaukee, Delta, General, Porter-Cable, DeWalt, and Fluke tools in my arsenal. I got tired of replacing discount darlings after 3 garbage cans full of them.

I just learned that Milwaukee Tools was bought by a Chinese company, TTI, head-quarterd in China, but doing business globally and buying up brands like popcorn at the movies. As many of you may have noticed, many of of the power tools they now offer are made in China, but there's no hint of that in any of the literature.

In fact, A Milwaukee customer rep told me that only a few tools are still made in the USA by them. I don't have to wonder why anymore since I now know they are owned by the Chinese. They (the Chinese) are literally sucking US jobs out of our country and at this point, there are NO US companies making many of the tools we use.

In specific, I have a garage to build and some roof framing to do and a number of panels to rip that I thought I could use a worm drive saw on. The investigation I just completed has shown me that there are NO US or European makers of worms drives at this time. Every single model of worm drive is now made in China. I was stunned beyond belief! It's like eating your seed corn --- you just don't do that. Both Milwaukee & Bosch used to make them in the USA as did Skil of course, but now, according to the customer service reps in all of the companies,they are all made in China.

This gives me great heartache for a number of reasons.

1)We have literally sold the rope to the Chinese so they can hang us with it. What happens in 10,15, or 20 years when the Chinese start sending us tools that cost more but crap out sooner (planned obsolescence) because they wanted to put the squeeze on us just because they could.

2) Don't anyone tell me it would never happen because they are our friends now. They are actively stealing both trade & defense secrets every day of every week, not to mention experimenting with hacking into our infrastructure controls for electricity, water, and our financial institutions, etc. DO good friends do that?

3) It's quite clear that they are seeking to rule the world economically and if they achieve that, we won't be singing the US national anthem any more. But I digress.

So here it is: do I do my little projects with my trusty made-in-the-USA 30 year old Milwaukee sidewinder, like a true patriot would, or do I join the throngs of Americans who see no problem with us having fewer & fewer jobs in our country and buy the Communist made Bosch or Communist made Milwaukee, or Communist made DeWalt, or just go buy the Makita which I think is not made in China yet? What do you say, fellow countrymen?

Do you all believe that China makes products as good as we used to? If so, why all the recalls across the entire export spectrum where specified materials are changed without notice and hazardous materials seem rife?

Are we all happy that our very own CEO's and Bankers who clamor for an ever bigger but undeserved paycheck are the ones who have sold us into foreclosure, homelessness, and despair?

What would you patriots say to them now? I'm listening.