+ Reply to Thread

Question Looking for a illustrated parts breakdown

My trusty old Pro Mac 610 recently broke. Under the recoil starter pull cord reel, there is some sort of finned disk (bolted to the crankshaft) which has two pressed studs embedded into it. On these studs are cogs which are spring loaded and which the mating cogs on the recoil reel grab onto in order to rotate the crankshaft.
    One of these studs backed out, cracking the finned disk and bounced around in behind the recoil starter breaking the other spring loaded cog. I need to know what the finned disk is actually called, and how this part is ordered, if still available, and whether or not the studs and cogs are part of the assembly or if everything attached to it need to be ordered separately. Again, provided these parts are still available.
    I've stopped by two area chainsaw repair shops, and neither had anything for this older McCulloch chainsaw. The Pro Mac 610 model number is: 600041C, if it helps anyone who might be able to help me. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for a illustrated parts breakdown

I would contact McCulloch directly. They probably have a PDF file they can email you which will give a parts breakdown of the saw. From there you'll either have to find an ****** dealer OR a local shop that knows what a chainsaw is to get the part.

BTW, I believe the part you're describing is the flywheel.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

"Life does not go by the book, we learn as we go along".

You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Walt, that's where I ended up as well when I was researching the post I made. I didn't find a match for the OP's part number, but there are several similar/close numbers that may suffice. I'd still contact McCulloch directly, they may also be able to direct the OP to a dealer or service center capable of locating the part for him.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Walt, that's where I ended up as well when I was researching the post I made. I didn't find a match for the OP's part number, but there are several similar/close numbers that may suffice. I'd still contact McCulloch directly, they may also be able to direct the OP to a dealer or service center capable of locating the part for him.

really...

select mcclough then enter 610 on model number........I got bunch of listing....

if I use 600041C then I get zilch....
    "Life does not go by the book, we learn as we go along".

You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWalt View Post
    if I use 600041C then I get zilch....
    That's what I was using, but I was in a rush and didn't have time to try other parameters. At any rate, I think we've given the OP some good starting info to work with.

BTW, I used to have a mini-Mac and loved that little thing. I gave it to a buddy to tune up and he ended up losing some parts (kids got into the shop ... ). It was also pretty much shot anyway, but he felt guilty and gave me a near new Echo, now I don't know how I ever lived without it! LOL I love my echo.