I'll try to keep this as brief as I can. I live in Minnesota and have an unfinished/uninsulated basement. It stays in the mid 50s down there during the winter, but it makes the floors above it very cold. I want to finish at least part of the basement, and also reduce that heat loss, but I'm not sure which way(s) to go as far as insulating goes.

All of the walls/floors are poured concrete. There is a den area I definitely want to finish, and utility/laundry area and a cellar. It looks/measures like this:

+-6-+----16-----+----12----+
|...|...........|..........|
9...............|..........|
|...|...........|..........|
+-6-+..........22.........22
....|...........|..........|
....|...UTIL....|...DEN....|
....|......................|
....|...........|..........|
....+----16-----+---12-----+

In the den, I'm planning on installing foam insulation panels against the concrete and then framing in walls, installing sheetrock, using Dricore to finish the floor, and add a heat source.

What I'm really not sure about is whether I can insulate the walls in the utility/laundry area without framing them in and covering them. From what I can tell, foam insulation should be covered for fire reasons, and that seems like too much work/money for a room I really don't care about. If I could leave the insulation exposed, that seems like it would be reasonable to me as far as time/expense goes. I don't expect to do anything with the floors in the utility room...only about 1/3 is exposed as the rest is covered with stored items, appliances, etc.

Maybe I should just insulate the ceiling of that utility room with fiberglass and let the walls of that area be uninsulated. But then should I insulate along the wall between the den and utility room? How much heat can be exchanged through that one wall? Would that poured concrete wall act as a "wick" for the cold?

The same question goes for the cellar. It seems silly to insulate such a small room that is just storage, but the door doesn't seal very well and it would be a pain to replace the door.