+ Reply to Thread

Default Exisisting deck with room

I have a deck attached to the house. Not long ago I made this into screen porch. While the screen porach was being done the contractor offered us free windows. I said sure if they are free. What was to be a screened in porch is now a room. The problem is that now i am afraid that it needs more support underneath. How would i go about doing this without having to take the whole thing down.

Default Re: Exisisting deck with room

What do you have for support right now?

Right now the room is supported by brick. What needs to be done is more support in the middle. I am not sure what to do. I am open for any ideas.

I meant to say brick support columns around the edges.

We have a similar problem with our enclosed 4 season room. Our room was converted from an exsisting deck by the previous owners when inspections were not as rigorious as they are today. We are going to add 3 additional support posts (larger) to the 4 already there, with a larger beam that will tie into the existing structure and house. This, I'm told, will stop the room from drifting away from the house as it is beginning to do. Good luck I'll keep you posted as to our "fix"