+ Reply to Thread

Default TOH wants to see your creative water features!

Show off your water feature yard upgrades here. (Shown below is an interesting stairway fountain.) Post photos and tell us why you love your pond, bubbling fountain, or other water feature.

Default Re: TOH wants to see your creative water features!

I installed this Japanese inspired patio and water feature for one of my clients. The staircase was original but we removed the bottom three steps and created the small bridge. We also tied the auto fill into the irrigation well so we never have to top off the water level.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	3300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	3301  

I also designed and created this water feature for the 2005 Southeastern Flowershow in Atlanta.

Name:	flowershow showdates 2 039 copy.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	3302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowershow showdates 2 003 copy.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	3303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowershow showdates 2 005 copy.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	3304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowershow showdates 2 004 copy.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	3305  

Please find a link to pictures of our 800 gal pond with 3 waterfalls at: http://margozzi.smugmug.com/Family/H...19340107_RnCFi

We had a small 200 gal pond with ****fish when we moved in and due to highway noise we wanted a water feature. Well, we created 3 waterfalls branching through trees to a 800 gallon pond. We bought koi and learned a lot about their care and difference in design (bottom drain) needed for fish vs. just a water garden.

Hope you like what we created.

Caroline & John Margozzi
    cmargozzi@yahoo.com

This is the pond and brick patio that the woman that lets me live with her, aka the wife, and I built.
    When we had two large birch trees cut down, that were in danger of falling on our house, we dug out the stumps and roots and ended up with a large hole. I suggested that we put in a pond and twtlmlwh came up with the idea for the patio.
    After many trips to the local building supply store, gravel pit and the garden center and lot's more trips with the wheel barrow this is what we ended up with.
    This is outside our bedroom window and I think there is nothing nicer than falling too sleep with the sound of the waterfall and opening the blinds in the morning and enjoying the pond the fish and the flowers.
    Unfortunately, we live in Anchorage, Alaska so we only get to enjoy it for part of the year.

I hope you like the pic's, Dave.
    I added a pic of a moose eating our clematis because I can.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0221.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	3334

Name:	HPIM0617.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	3335

Name:	HPIM0618.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	3336

Name:	HPIM0620.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	3337

Name:	HPIM0632.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	3338

Victorian type house renovation with small pond into pondless waterfall in front yard. Naturalistic four season display garden with dramatic backyard 9,000 gallon pond as depicted in the thumb nail photo attached herein. Property is highlighted with extensive outdoor low voltage lighting at night including a moonlight display above the back yard pond using niche tree lighting fixtures casting down from within the upper tree canopy onto the water below. This outdoor living space is a source of joy and inspiration 365 days a year in an ever changing display. One can enjoy the moment and it is never dull as you look forward with anticipation to changes the next season will bring.

Jay Eriv

Name:	eriv2_102-600.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	3340  

Smile Re: TOH wants to see your creative water features!

My Creative Water Features, Pool Waterfall.

Creative Water Features has been in business for almost 3 decades, and have done litterally thousands of pond and pool waterfalls. Thier secret to success is that instead of using a hired crew, they only use real Outdoor Living and Landscape Design spe******t, and dont treat their work like a project but a work of art. Browse their websitehttp://www.creativewaterfeaturesinc.com and see just how amazing some of these pieces are,. Because we truley do need a vacation everyday.

Last edited by JeffEpping; 04-08-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: pictures didnt turn out