+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: What happened to This OLD House?

Quote Originally Posted by Favat_Freaks View Post
    I could not agree more. Why is TOH putting up a new "wanna be" old house? I also could not understand why TOH would let the Favat's continue their obnoxious on camera interactions through out the show. These were definitely the most repulsive two home owners I have ever listened to and they dedicated additional episodes to them? Were these condescending people paying for the shows? If the Favat episode continues to run I will no longer watch the show. It completely turned me off and gave me very little knowledge about doing projects for the future.
    have to agree...though i did love the barn show with the designers did each room...at least they did it with items i would pick out i i had the money...i don't know whose taste is worse the owners or the sorry excuse of interior designer

While I can appreciate many technical aspects of the Weston project, especially the contribution of Ted Benson, I feel that the project overall was far beyond the approach of the average home owner in the US, let alone the rest of the planet. This project was, in a word, ostentatious.
    I certainly understand that we live in a world with many different, wants, needs and tastes, but it seems to me at a minimum, inappropriate, to spend our PBS dollars on such a self indulgent exercise, however beautiful some might think the end result might be.

I was very interested in the total cost of the project. I am guessing that the house with landscape cost 5 to 7 million.

The new technology is fascinating. but I truly believe that our time would be better spent on learning how to apply those same technologies in a more financially practical manner...

Question Re: What happened to This OLD House?

Quote Originally Posted by djohns View Post
    That's the point . You don't HAVE to outdo yourself . TOH had something good going and chose to morph into something MORE PROFITABLE . Who is paying their bills ? Not Joe the homeowner that's looking for advice on how to repair his plaster wall or rebuild his porch . It's the corporate sponsors selling high end windows and restaraunt quality appliances , etc . They are chasing the corporate dollars .
    If you're going to change the direction of the show, why not change the name to This New House or This Green House. This way you don't confuse new viewer.

Name changed to 'this old money'

Agreed .