+ Reply to Thread

Default Hot Track Lights

I recently installed track lighting in my home, and when the track lighting is one for a few minutes it begins to heat up (the lights and the track). I've been looking ****** to see what the problem may be, but haven't found any answers or people who had the same problem.

I'm thinking it could be the wires which is causing the problems but am unsure. I connected the wires according to the instructions; black to black, white to white, and green/ground to copper/ground. I might have not fully grounded the green/copper wire but would that cause the track lighting to heat up.

If anyone knows what the problem might be, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

Default Re: Hot Track Lights

Quote Originally Posted by dlmnetwork View Post
    I recently installed track lighting in my home, and when the track lighting is one for a few minutes it begins to heat up (the lights and the track). I've been looking ****** to see what the problem may be, but haven't found any answers or people who had the same problem.

I'm thinking it could be the wires which is causing the problems but am unsure. I connected the wires according to the instructions; black to black, white to white, and green/ground to copper/ground. I might have not fully grounded the green/copper wire but would that cause the track lighting to heat up.

If anyone knows what the problem might be, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.
    Halogen lights get extremly hot so it might not be a problem. But make sure your connections are tight if they are not tight it will cause it to heat up. Make sure the track light is in the rail correctly. Also make sure you tighten the ground wire also as you mentioned it will not cause a heating problem but if there is a short it will help make the breaker trip.
    Harry

Default Re: Hot Track Lights

Thanks for the reply Ravens53. I do have halogen lights installed with the track lights. Do you have any suggestions of any bulbs which do not emit as much heat as the halogens?