+ Reply to Thread

Default eletric outlets on finished basement walls furring strips used istead of 2,4

how can i put the boxes and wire on the wall.

Default Re: eletric outlets on finished basement walls furring strips used istead of 2,4

You will have to use an exposed wiring system like conduit(EMT) or wiremold. Wiremold is a trademarked on wall wiring system. It is fairly easy to install but expensive and tedious. The boxes are about $5 apiece and the wiremold itself is about $1 a foot. Make sure you ream all cut pieces. You can purchase all the pieces needed at Home Depot or other big box home store.

Default Re: eletric outlets on finished basement walls furring strips used istead of 2,4

are the walls finnished?? if so why isnt the wiring in the wall?? however if they are finished, i agree you might have to use wiremold. i dont think your gonna like the results so much. Wire mold looks cheesey in a house, in my opinion!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparky1 View Post
    are the walls finnished?? if so why isnt the wiring in the wall?? however if they are finished, i agree you might have to use wiremold. i dont think your gonna like the results so much. Wire mold looks cheesey in a house, in my opinion!!
    Wiremold is a last resort in residential work and I too think it has a plain look to it. {More at home in the office realm**. But you get what you get sometimes. Plastic Wiremold can be painted to match the wall color though.

Wiremold if done properly by following the molding will look fine and sometimes you don't have a choice. You can't wire behind finished wall easily. You create lots of work for yourself and Wiremold does have a purpose in eliminating that work. Wiremold is very tedious but effective

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTCB View Post
    Wiremold if done properly by following the molding will look fine and sometimes you don't have a choice. You can't wire behind finished wall easily. You create lots of work for yourself and Wiremold does have a purpose in eliminating that work. Wiremold is very tedious but effective
    And in a finished room actually how much of the walls do you see?
    Your last line does some it up rather well....