+ Reply to Thread

Default Water in basement through septic exit point

I've been in my house 16 years. Last fall, I began getting water in my basement when it rains. I have a septic system that was last pumped out about 3 years ago. The water enters the house around the pipe that goes out through the basement wall to the septic tank. We also have a problem with rabbits burrowing under our front concrete stoop which is about 10 feet, and slightly up hill, from the septic clean out access. Is it possible that the burrowing activity has created an easy access for rain water to get to the spot in my foundation where the drain pipe leaves the house?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Water in basement through septic exit point

I don't know where you live but here there has been an exceptional amount of rain and snow this past winter. Water will find its way to any openings in the foundation. I would suggest and a first step you clean out around the pipe and refill with hydraulic cement.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Water in basement through septic exit point

That sounds like a good first step to keep the water out of the basement. Shouldn't I be worried about water damage continuing to be done to the foundation even though it would no longer be getting inside the house?